Definition of Adlai Stevenson
1. Noun. United States politician and diplomat (1900-1968).
Adlai Stevenson Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Adlai Stevenson Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Adlai Stevenson
Literary usage of Adlai Stevenson
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Almanack for the Year of Our Lord by Joseph Whitaker (1869)
"President Kennedy said that he had authorised Mr. Adlai Stevenson to discuss with U ... 2, Mr. Adlai Stevenson told Security Council mat at end of year I :. ..."
2. India and the United States: Estranged Democracies, 1941-1991 by Dennis Kux (1994)
"US delegate Adlai Stevenson paid Krishna Menon back in kind for his many rancorous anti-American tirades. As Arthur Schlesinger wrote, "The contrast between ..."
3. Proceedings Before the Committee on Privileges and Elections and a by William Lorimer, Julius Caesar Burrows (1910)
"There were two Stevensons, Adlai Stevenson and a brother, I think now. I am not sure whether those boys that I know are the sons of Adlai Stevenson or not; ..."
4. The American Monthly Magazine by Daughters of the American Revolution (1896)
"A congratulatory message was ordered by the Chapter to be sent to Mrs. Adlai Stevenson upon the honorable distinction conferred upon her by the National ..."
5. Publishers Weekly by Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association, R.R. Bowker Company (1921)
"Thorp, Dictionary of Applied Chem., 5 vols., pub. Longmans, Green. Morris Book Shop, 24 N. Wabash Ave., Chicago Men I Have Known, Adlai Stevenson. ..."
6. The American Historical Register by Charles Henry Browning (1896)
"The principal address of the afternoon was that of Mrs. Letitia Green Stevenson, wife of Vice-President Adlai Stevenson. When she appeared at the woman's ..."