Definition of African tulip
1. Noun. African plant with bright green evergreen leaves and umbels of many usually deep violet-blue flowers.
Group relationships: Genus Agapanthus
Generic synonyms: Agapanthus, Lily Of The Nile
African Tulip Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: African Tulip Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of African Tulip
Literary usage of African tulip
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Adventure Guide to Dominica & St Lucia by Lynne M. Sullivan (2004)
"It grows wild in dry coastal areas, and bright red flowers bloom along its branches. Orchids, African tulip trees, ferns, hibiscus and bird-of-paradise are ..."
2. St. Lucia by Don Philpott (2005)
"... and the most stunning array of spectacularly coloured flowering plants from giant African tulip trees festooned with scarlet blossoms to tiny orchids. ..."
3. Martinique, Guadeloupe, Dominica & St. Lucia Alive! by Lynne M. Sullivan (2000)
"The gorgeous flamboyant tree (also known as the poinciana) shows off a blast of red flowers throughout the summer and African tulip trees put out a ..."
4. Adventure Guide to Costa Rica by Bruce Conord (2005)
"Another colorful tree is the African tulip tree, which has deep green leaves and brilliant red-orange blossoms tinged with yellow. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: African tulip