Definition of Alaska cod
1. Noun. Closely related to Atlantic cod.
Alaska Cod Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Alaska Cod Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Alaska Cod
Literary usage of Alaska cod
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annual Record of Science and Industry for 1871-78 by Spencer Fullerton Baird (1875)
"Alaska cod-FISHERIES IX 1873. According to the Alaska Herald, seven vessels were engaged throughout the summer ..."
2. The Technical World Magazine (1910)
"The product of the Alaska cod fisheries is about equal to that of the halibut fisheries. The United States Fish Commission has accounted for the fact that ..."
3. The Hotel St. Francis Cook Book by Victor Hirtzler (1919)
"AUGUST 8 BREAKFAST LUNCHEON Orange juice California gray shrimps in shell Kippered Alaska cod in cream Cold consomme in cups Rolls Potato and beet salad ..."
4. Fishes by David Starr Jordan (1907)
"The Alaska cod, Gadus macrocephalus, is equally abundant with the Atlantic species, from which it differs very slightly, the air-bladder or sounds being ..."
5. Elementary Economic Geography by Charles Redway Dryer (1916)
"... salmon on the Pacific coast from California to Alaska; cod, herring, and halibut off the coast of Norway; sole, haddock, cod, turbot, and mackerel in ..."
6. Report to Secretary of the Interior by Governor (1917)
"The investment in the Alaska cod fishery in 1916 amounted to ... The Alaska cod fishery is carried on ..."