Definition of Asparagaceae
1. Noun. One of many families or subfamilies into which some classification systems subdivide the Liliaceae: includes genera Asparagus and sometimes Ruscus.
Generic synonyms: Liliid Monocot Family
Group relationships: Family Liliaceae, Liliaceae, Lily Family
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Asparagaceae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Asparagaceae
Literary usage of Asparagaceae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Botanical Gazette by University of Chicago, JSTOR (Organization) (1902)
"... the Dioscoreaceae and Asparagaceae, the mother cells of the tracheary elements are multinucleate. —ECJEFFREY. L. GUIGNARD™ has added certain Solanaceae ..."
2. Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory of the University of Pennsylvania by University of Pennsylvania Botanical Laboratory, University of Pennsylvania, Botanical Laboratory (1904)
"The description is reproduced in Mr. JG Baker's monograph on the "Asparagaceae," published in the "Journal of the Lin- ..."
3. Transactions of the South African Philosophical Society by Royal Society of South Africa (1878)
"*Revision of the Genera and Species of Asparagaceae. In Journ. Linn. Soc., vol. xvi. London, 1875. 8vo. pp. 5O8—632 with 4 plates (xvn.—xx.). Libr. ..."
4. The Transactions of the South African Philosophical Society by South African Philosophical Society (1880)
"*Revision of the Genera and Species of Asparagaceae. In Joum. Linn. Soc., vol. xvi. London, 1875. 8vo, pp. SOS—632 with 4 plates (xvn.—xx.). Libr. ..."