Definition of Bahreini
1. Noun. A native or inhabitant of Bahrain.
Group relationships: Bahrain, Bahrein, State Of Bahrain
Generic synonyms: Arab, Arabian
Derivative terms: Bahraini
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bahreini Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bahreini
Literary usage of Bahreini
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Southern Arabia by James Theodore Bent (1900)
"The Bahreini, for their own consumption, love to add sesame seeds to their dates, or ginger powder and walnuts pressed with them into jars. ..."
2. Proceedings by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain), Norton Shaw, Francis Galton, William Spottiswoode, Clements Robert Markham, Henry Walter Bates, John Scott Keltie (1890)
"... and the rulers of El Hasa tried to seize Bahrein, and a naval battle took place, iu which the Bahreini were victorious in the shallow sea off the coast. ..."
3. Zanzibar in Contemporary Times: A Short History of the Southern East in the by Robert Nunez Lyne (1905)
"The presents were Oriental in their character, a Bahreini donkey (the donkeys of Bahrein are still valuable), two dresses and an Abyssinian male slave. ..."
4. Key to Pelton's New and Improved Series of Outline Maps: Containing All the by Cale Pelton (1855)
"Bahreini.? Socotra I.? Cyprus I.? Isle of Crete? Isles of Rhodes, Cos, Palmos, Lemnos, Tenedos, Lesbos, Scio, ..."