Definition of Baltic State
1. Noun. European countries bordering the Baltic Sea.
Generic synonyms: Geographic Area, Geographic Region, Geographical Area, Geographical Region
Specialized synonyms: Esthonia, Estonia, Republic Of Estonia, Latvia, Republic Of Latvia, Lietuva, Lithuania, Republic Of Lithuania
Group relationships: Europe
Baltic State Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Baltic State Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Baltic State
Literary usage of Baltic State
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. U.S. Policy Toward Northeastern Europe: Report of an Independent Task Force by Zbigniew Brzezinski (1999)
"Fourth, the next round of enlargement should include one Baltic state ... Admitting one Baltic state in the next round would make clear that there are no ..."
2. The American Journal of International Law by American Society of International Law (1907)
"A particularly pessimistic appraisal of the prospects of neutralization of the Baltic state is given by W. Schroeder, Russland und die ..."
3. The History of the Anglo-Saxons by Sharon Turner (1823)
"Norway, tumultuous ocean, from the rocks of the Baltic state of NORWAY, whose broken coast stretches along a into the arctic circle, was the most sterile of ..."
4. King's Complete History of the World War ...: 1914-1918. Europe's War with by William C. King (1922)
"... the Bolsheviki Peace between Soviet Russia and Esthonia vras finally ratified at Dorpat on January 29th, on terms not unfavorable to the Baltic State. ..."
5. Investment Guide for Latvia by Centre for Co-operation with Non-members (1998)
"Latvia is the only Baltic state with three major ports which have a substantial transport capacity. Two of the ports, Liepaja and Ventspils, are ice-free, ..."