Definition of Barbarea praecox
1. Noun. Of southwestern Europe; cultivated in Florida.
Group relationships: Barbarea, Genus Barbarea
Generic synonyms: Scurvy Grass, St. Barbara's Herb, Winter Cress
Barbarea Praecox Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Barbarea Praecox Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Barbarea Praecox
Literary usage of Barbarea praecox
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States: Canada and the British by Nathaniel Lord Britton, Addison Brown (1897)
"Barbarea praecox (JE Smith) R. Br. Early Winter or Belle Isle Cress. (Fig. 1711. ... Barbarea praecox R. Br. in Ait. Hort. Kew. Ed. 2, 4: 109. 1812. ..."
2. Rhodora by New England Botanical Club (1901)
"A CORRECTION REGARDING Barbarea praecox.— In iny article in the March RHODORA, through an oversight, Barbarea praecox R. Br. was reported as new to New ..."
3. Handbook of the Flora of Philadelphia and Vicinity: Containing Data Relating by Ida Augusta Keller, Stewardson Brown (1905)
"451. Loir grounds and roadsides. Spring. z. BARBAREA STRICT A Andrz. M. p. 451. Fields and waste places. Spring. 3. Barbarea praecox (JE Smith) R. Br. M. p. ..."
4. Publication by Field Museum of Natural History (1902)
"B. vulgaris R. Br. Barbarea praecox (JE Smith) R. Br. ARABIS PATENS Sulliv. ARABIS LAEVIGATA (Muhl.) Poir. ARABIS CANADENSIS Linn. ARABIS LYRATA Linn. ..."
5. Flora of Pennsylvania by Thomas Conrad Porter, John Kunkel Small (1903)
"Barbarea praecox (JE Smith) R. Br. EARLY WINTER CRESS. (Man. p. 451 ; IFy ////.) In waste places, NY and Pa. and southward. Adv. from Eu. ..."
6. The Vascular Flora of Pennsylvania: Annotated Checklist and Atlas by Ann Fowler Rhoads, William MacKinley Klein (1993)
"P • Barbarea verna (P.Mill.) Aschers. Early winter-cress Herbaceous biennial Fields, roadsides and waste ground. Barbarea praecox (JESmith) ..."