Definition of Cape Girardeau
1. Noun. A town in southeast Missouri.
Cape Girardeau Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Cape Girardeau Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cape Girardeau
Literary usage of Cape Girardeau
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A History of Missouri from the Earliest Explorations and Settlements Until by Louis Houck (1908)
"District of Cape Girardeau—Boundary of—Probable origin of name—Location of the Post of Cape Girardeau—-Louis Lorimier established there in 1793 by the order ..."
2. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1889)
"The amended bill (which was the only one copied in the transcript of the record) alleged that in April, 1871, the Cape Girardeau and State Line Railroad, ..."
3. Personal Memoirs of U.S. Grant by Ulysses Simpson Grant (1885)
"—JEFFERSON CITY—Cape Girardeau GENERAL PRENTISS — SEIZURE OF PADUCAH - HEADQUARTERS AT CAIRO. I HAD not been in Mexico many weeks when, reading a St. Louis ..."
4. Bulletin by Thomas Corwin Mendenhall, Marcus Baker, Smithsonian Institution, U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, United States Geographic Board (1890)
"10, a, h, Cape Girardeau limestone, Cape Girardeau county. ... Shaly limestone, Perry and Cape Girardeau counties. ..."
5. The American Bar by James Clark Fifield (1918)
"Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity; Cape Girardeau Co., and Mo. State Bar Ass'ns. ... Phi Delta Theta, Phi Delta Phi fraternities; Cape Girardeau Co., Mo. ..."
6. The Spanish Regime in Missouri: A Collection of Papers and Documents by Etienne Burnet, Ernest Edward Austen, Louis Houck (1909)
"From the Cape Girardeau district he removed to the Amite river in the Mississippi territory and ... 18 Was a soldier in the Spanish Cape Girardeau company. ..."