Definition of Carl Van Doren
1. Noun. United States writer and literary critic (1885-1950).
Carl Van Doren Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Carl Van Doren Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Carl Van Doren
Literary usage of Carl Van Doren
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Cambridge History of American Literatureby William Peterfield Trent by William Peterfield Trent (1921)
"A source of information on 300 years of American literature with notes and analyses by noted authorities"
2. The Journal of American Folk-lore by American Folklore Society (1920)
"BY Carl Van Doren. THE following songs, for the most part, by 1900 were no longer current in the section of Vermilion County, Illinois, from which they have ..."
3. Memoirs of a Midget by Walter De La Mare (1922)
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA /%* <ff by WALTER DE LA MARE With a foreword by CARL VAN DOREN THE PRESS OF THE READERS CLUB ..."
4. Benjamin Franklin in American Thought and Culture, 1790-1990 by Nian-Sheng Huang (1994)
"He preached morality but his emphasis was laid on work rather than faith (Commager, "Franklin, The True American-. Carl Van Doren'5 Biography Unfolds His ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Carl Van Doren