Definition of Crna Gora
1. Noun. A former country bordering on the Adriatic Sea; now part of the Union of Serbia and Montenegro.
Generic synonyms: Geographic Area, Geographic Region, Geographical Area, Geographical Region
Group relationships: Federal Republic Of Yugoslavia, Jugoslavija, Serbia And Montenegro, Union Of Serbia And Montenegro, Yugoslavia
Crna Gora Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Crna Gora Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Crna Gora
Literary usage of Crna Gora
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Macedonia by Tihomir R. Đorđević (1918)
"The inhabitants of Skoplje Crna Gora believe that "whoever fails to keep 'slava' one year, will not live to see next year's."* There, too, the " slava " is ..."
2. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). (1894)
"The western portion consists of the Crna Gora proper. The other division, which is called Brda, consists, in its eastern parts, of a slate forma- ..."
3. An Almanack for the Year of Our Lord by Joseph Whitaker (1869)
"Montenegro (Crna-Gora) was united to Serbia by a decision of the Montenegrin Parliament in November, 1918, when King Nicholas was deposed. Government. ..."
4. The Living Age by Making of America Project, Eliakim Littell, Robert S. Littell (1913)
"Bulgare still nursing the memory of their empire founded by the Tsars Krum and Simeon, hardy mountaineers from Crna Gora and all the flower of Servian ..."
5. The History of the Balkan Peninsula: From the Earliest Times to the Present Day by Ferdinand Schevill (1922)
"Ancient Zeta's wild and rocky core, called Crna Gora by the Serbs and Montenegro (Black Mountain) by the rest of Europe, was never conquered by Mohammed or ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Crna Gora