Definition of Erythronium albidum
1. Noun. North American dogtooth having solitary white flowers with yellow centers and blue or pink exteriors.
Generic synonyms: Dog's-tooth Violet, Dogtooth, Dogtooth Violet
Erythronium Albidum Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Erythronium Albidum Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Erythronium Albidum
Literary usage of Erythronium albidum
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States, Canada and the British by Nathaniel Lord Britton, Addison Brown (1913)
"Erythronium. albidum Nutt. White Adder's-tongue. Fig. 1266. Erythronium albidum Nutt. Gen. 1: 223, 1818. i Similar to the preceding species, ..."
2. Introduction to Botany by William Chase Stevens (1902)
"Erythronium albidum (or other species). Make a diagram of the flower, following the ... The buds of Erythronium Americanum and Erythronium albidum are each ..."
3. Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science by Kansas Academy of Science (1898)
"Could this be our old friend, the Erythronium albidum of former days, here in Kansas under a clearer sky seeking a freer life ? ..."
4. Proceedings of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (1899)
"Erythronium albidum and E. americanum present favorable objects for the study of the important phenomena which take place during the transition from the ..."
5. A Textbook of Botany for Colleges and Universities by John Merle Coulter, Charles Reid Barnes, Henry Chandler Cowles (1911)
"In Erythronium albidum there has been recorded a descent of ten centimeters in one season. The soil position of tubers, corms, and bulbs is be lieved to ..."