Definition of Finenesses
1. fineness [n] - See also: fineness
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Finenesses Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Finenesses
finer than frog hair
Literary usage of Finenesses
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Professional Paper by Geological Survey (U.S.) (1914)
"The capacities and finenesses of the complex mixture and the natural grade are represented by two plotted points near the bottom of figure 64, ..."
2. Reports Upon the Precious Metals: Being Statistical Notices of the Principal by William Phipps Blake (1869)
"... quality by observing the following rule:1 Obtain the difference between the two higher finenesses, and divide by the difference between the two lower; ..."
3. Report Upon the Precious Metals by William Phipps Blake (1869)
"Difference between the two higher finenesses yll „-. Difference between the two lower finenesses T§jj 0. ..."
4. Metallurgy: The Art of Extracting Metals from Their Ores by John Percy (1880)
"But with rough gold especially, of which often a large range of finenesses is passed in one fire, it would be exceedingly laborious to provide proofs for ..."
5. Treatise on Applied Analytical Chemistry by Vittorio Villavecchia (1918)
"for finenesses between 350 and 500, the 750 acid for finesses 500-750, aiid the 900 acid for finenesses above 750. The compositions of these acids are : joo ..."
6. Transactions of the American Ceramic Society Containing the Papers and by American Ceramic Society (1902)
"14 showed no deterioration, but on the other hand an improvement. No. 14 was a much brighter glaze than No. 8. In this respect the different finenesses of ..."
7. The Congressional Globe ...: 23d Congress to the 42d Congress, Dec. 2, 1833 by United States Congress, Francis Preston Blair, John Cook Rives, Franklin Rives, George A. Bailey (1853)
"And at the assay offices this duty of stamping or striking upon the rectangular gold coins or ingots their proper years, weights, finenesses, legend?, ..."