Definition of Flammulina
1. Noun. A genus of agarics.
Generic synonyms: Fungus Genus
Group relationships: Family Tricholomataceae, Tricholomataceae
Member holonyms: Flammulina Velutipes, Winter Mushroom
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Flammulina Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Flammulina
Literary usage of Flammulina
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia by Royal Society of South Australia (1896)
"This snail has a caudal appendage, and its jaw consists of loosely conjoined plates, and thus far agrees with Flammulina. I do not know of any described ..."
2. The Zoological Record ...: Being Records of Zoological Literature by Zoological Record Association (London, England), Zoological Society of London (1906)
"Description of a new Flammulina from New Zealand. J. Malac. xii, pp. 19 & 20, pi. v. 576. . Supplement to the revision of the New Zealand ..."
3. Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1899)
"... teeth of Flammulina. Arion also shows this tendency to a much less degree. In the other genera the cusps of these teeth are short or of moderate length. ..."
4. The Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales by Linnean Society of New South Wales (1893)
"lL Critical List of the Mollusca of New Zealand," 1873, p. 12, group (genus Î) Flammulina whose first species (type 1) E. omega, Pfr. From the above review ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Flammulina