Definition of Franklin Roosevelt
1. Noun. 32nd President of the United States; elected four times; instituted New Deal to counter the Great Depression and led country during World War II (1882-1945).
Generic synonyms: Chief Executive, President, President Of The United States, United States President
Derivative terms: Rooseveltian
Franklin Roosevelt Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Franklin Roosevelt Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Franklin Roosevelt
Literary usage of Franklin Roosevelt
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Paris by Peter Eckerlin, Elke Pastre (2001)
"much naked flesh and a hint of eroticism. Sun - Fri 8:30 pm and 11 pm, Sat 7:30,9:45 and 11:50 pm Man Ray. 34. rue Marbeuf. Metro: Franklin Roosevelt. ..."
2. Wit and Wisdom: A Public Affairs Miscellany by Colin Bingham (1982)
"Franklin Roosevelt Roosevelt told this story with great effect during his ... Franklin [Roosevelt] is always interested in any idea that can be written down ..."
3. Paris by Hunter Publishing, Incorporated (2001)
"V Children accepted Disabled access difficult Pets accepted Closed never Proprietor M. Michaud Champs-Elysées Hôtel Franklin Roosevelt Murals are the ..."
4. United States History, 1600-1987: A Federal Citizenship and Naturalization Text by DIANE Publishing Company (1987)
"Franklin Roosevelt as President Before 1939, the economic situation had begun to improve. In 1932, Franklin D. Roosevelt was elected President on the ..."
5. Advanced Guide Canada's Atlantic Provinces by Barbara Radcliffe Rogers, Stillman Rogers (2005)
"President Franklin Roosevelt spent his childhood and early adult summers on Campobello Island, and it was at this 34-room cottage that he was stricken with ..."