Definition of Heisenberg
1. Noun. German mathematical physicist noted for stating the uncertainty principle (1901-1976).
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Heisenberg Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Heisenberg
Literary usage of Heisenberg
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Cartanian Geometry, Nonlinear Waves, and Control Theory. by Robert Hermann (1980)
"Hence, (d,dT] = 1 5.8 d,dT,1 thus generates a three-dimensional Lie algebra; it is just the Heisenberg algebra of quantum mechanics. ..."
2. C-O-R Generalized Functions, Current Algebras, and Control by Robert Hermann (1994)
"In this Chapter, I will (heuristically) sketch a way of doing this which involves what the physicists call the “Heisenberg ..."
3. NATO in the Fifth Decade by Keith Dunn, Stephen Flanagan (1992)
"West European Expectations for Conventional Arms A Control Wolfgang Heisenberg RMS CONTROL HAS NOT ALWAYS BEEN ASSOCIATED with expectations of significant ..."
4. Geometric Structures in Nonlinear Physics by Robert Hermann (1991)
"THE SCHRODINGER AND Heisenberg “PICTURES”. As explained above, I want to develop a ... (They involve what the physicists call the Heisenberg and Schrodinger ..."
5. Constrained Mechanics and Lie Theory by Robert Hermann (1992)
"The first is the attempt - begun in  - to understand quantum field theory in the Heisenberg Picture from a ..."
6. Quantum and Fermion Differential Geometry by Robert Hermann (1977)
"LINEAR Heisenberg-FERMI STRUCTURES ON A VECTOR SPACE AND THEIR FOCK REPRESENTATIONS In the last section we have seen that harmonic oscillators define the ..."
7. The Dimensional Structure of Consciousness: A Physical Basis for Immaterialism by Samuel Avery (1995)
"... The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle At the turn of the twentieth century it was also ... Heisenberg ..."
8. The Modern Revolution in Physics by Benjamin Crowell (2003)
"Some historians believe that Heisenberg intentionally delayed and obstructed the project because he secretly did not want the Nazis to get the bomb. ..."