Definition of I Thessalonians
1. Noun. A New Testament book containing Saint Paul's first epistle to the Thessalonians.
Generic synonyms: Epistle
Group relationships: New Testament
I Thessalonians Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: I Thessalonians Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of I Thessalonians
Literary usage of I Thessalonians
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge: Embracing by Johann Jakob Herzog, Philip Schaff, Albert Hauck (1910)
"A comparison of II Thessalonians with I Thessalonians quickly reveals the reasons for the 0 II T) difference in the standing of the two ..."
2. Encyclopædia Biblica: A Critical Dictionary of the Literary Political and by Thomas Kelly Cheyne, John Sutherland Black (1903)
"2s), the inconsistency cannot be explained as due to the further development of Paul's thought after the writing of i Thessalonians. It is to be noticed, ..."
3. A century of printing. The issues of the press in Pennsylvania, 1685-1784 by Charles Swift R. Hildeburn (1885)
"A Sermon preach 'd at Philadelphia, September 80th, 1744, on I Thessalonians vi. ii. with some enlargement. By G. Tennent, AM, Minister of the Gospel in ..."
4. The New Testament of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ: translated out of ...Bible (1863)
"... i. THESSALONIANS, iv. increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you: 13 To the end he may stablish your ..."
5. ... Select Notes on the International Sunday School Lessons by Adolphus Frederick Schauffler (1896)
"Read i Thessalonians, Chapters i and 2. Commit Verses 10-12. SUGGESTIONS TO TEACHERS. Again, as many times before in this history, persecution simply spread ..."
6. A Biblical Introduction by William Henry Bennett, Walter Frederic Adeney (1907)
"I suggests I Thessalonians v. 17 ; compare also his Epistle to Polycarp i. ... I alludes to I Thessalonians v. 5.* The Testimony of the Twelve Patriarchs, ..."