Definition of James Abraham Garfield
1. Noun. 20th President of the United States; assassinated by a frustrated office-seeker (1831-1881).
Generic synonyms: Chief Executive, President, President Of The United States, United States President
James Abraham Garfield Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: James Abraham Garfield Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of James Abraham Garfield
Literary usage of James Abraham Garfield
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Stories and Sketches of Gen. Garfield: Including His Early History, War by J B McClure (1880)
"Garfield—The Farmer Eoy—On the Tow-path—A Tough Time—Good Health and Indomitable Energy Triumphant. Gen. James Abraham Garfield, the farmer boy, ..."
2. Room at the Top by Adam Craig (1882)
"James Abraham Garfield was born in Orange, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, fifteen miles from Cleveland, Nov. 9, 1831. His father was a farmer in moderate ..."
3. A History of the United States for Schools by Wilbur Fisk Gordy (1898)
"James Abraham Garfield Chester Alan Arthur Grover Cleveland Benjamin Harrison Grover Cleveland William McKinley Tennessee Louisiana. ..."
4. Celebrated Criminal Cases of America by Thomas Samuel Duke (1910)
"James Abraham Garfield was born in the village of Orange, twelve miles from Cleveland, Ohio, on November 19, 1831. When he was two years old his father died ..."
Other Resources Relating to: James Abraham Garfield