Definition of Jasper Johns
1. Noun. United States artist and proponent of pop art (born in 1930).
Jasper Johns Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Jasper Johns Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Jasper Johns
Literary usage of Jasper Johns
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Urban Condition: Space, Community, and Self in the Contemporary Metropolis by Ghent Urban Studies Team (1999)
"... with commercialism because it might hinder their careers in "serious" art earned some money designing shop windows: Jasper Johns and Robert Rauschenberg ..."
2. Hollywood & the Best of Los Angeles Alive!by Robert White, Phyllis White by Robert White, Phyllis White (2002)
"Inside, throughout the hotel, is original art, lithos and objets d'art by artists like David Hockney, Jasper Johns and Roy Lichtenstein. ..."
3. Romantic Weekends in Northern and Central Florida by Janet Groene, Gordon Groene (2003)
"Works seen here are by such artists as Georgia O'Keeffe, Andy Warhol, Jasper Johns, George Inness, and Ansel Adams. The collection of Central Mexican ..."
4. Cincinnati, OH: A Photographic Portrait by William manning (2007)
"Since then, Cincinnatians have been the first to view early works of artists such as Rau- schenberg, Warhol, Jasper Johns, and Robert Morris. ..."