Definition of Kannada-speaking
1. Adjective. Able to communicate in Kannada.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Kannada-speaking Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kannada-speaking
Literary usage of Kannada-speaking
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Almanack for the Year of Our Lord by Joseph Whitaker (1869)
"The State brings together the Kannada speaking people, previously distributed in five States. Its area Is 74191 sq. miles and population (1961 census) ..."
2. Mysore: A Gazetteer Compiled for Government by Benjamin Lewis Rice (1897)
"... has never since lost in the south, especially amongst the Kannada-speaking races. Forty years later a somewhat similar reformation of the Vaishnava ..."
3. Mysore: A Gazetteer Compiled for Government by Benjamin Lewis Rice (1897)
"... imparted to it a vitality which it has never since lost in the south, especially amongst the Kannada-speaking races. Forty years later a somewhat ..."
4. Mysore Inscriptions by Benjamin Lewis Rice (1879)
"... which so largely prevails throughout the Kannada speaking countries. It was founded by Basava, the minister of ..."
5. The Ethnographical Survey of Mysore by Hebbalalu Velpanuru Nanjundayya (1906)
"... two main divisions, each of which has further sub-divisions. All these divisions and sub-divisions are said to be endogamous. The Kannada (speaking) ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Kannada-speaking