Definition of Knesseth
1. Noun. The Israeli unicameral parliament.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Knesseth Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Knesseth
Literary usage of Knesseth
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. History of Zionism, 1600-1918 by Nahum Sokolow (1919)
"He contributed to He'assif and Knesseth Israel. ... editor of the year-book Knesseth Israel, one of the editors of the first volume of the Hebrew ..."
2. The Jews of Iowa: A Complete History and Accurate Account of Their Religious by Simon Glazer (1904)
"... organized a congregation and named it Knesseth Israel. (1894) At the lapse of a few years their number increased so that they could count twenty males ..."
3. Jewish Education in New York City by Alexander Mordecai Dushkin (1918)
"It makes clear the conception that the Congregation of Israel (Knesseth Israel) in its largest sense, is synonymous with the Community of Israel ..."
4. The Jewish Communal Register of New York City, 1917-1918 by Jewish Community of New York City, Samuel Margoshes (1918)
"Ind. Knesseth Israel (55 Hester St.), since 1914. Terra 1 year. Born 1860 In Russia. Came to US 1890. Received general Jewish education. ..."