Definition of Lamium album
1. Noun. European dead nettle with white flowers.
Group relationships: Genus Lamium, Lamium
Generic synonyms: Dead Nettle
Lamium Album Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lamium Album Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lamium Album
Literary usage of Lamium album
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Entomologist; an Illustrated Journal of General Entomology by Edward Newman, Royal Entomological Society of London (1883)
"A smaller, darker bee, but otherwise much the same as the last, visited Lamium album only, 49 times before being lost sight of. 6.—Same date and place. ..."
2. Hull's Jahr ; A new manual of homoeopathic practice by Gottlieb Heinrich Georg Jahr (1860)
"Lamium album. 162.—Lamium album. LAM. ALB.—See "Archiv," XII GENERAL SYMPTOMS.—Drawing lacerating in the upper and lower extremities. General languor. ..."
3. A Course on Practical Elementary Biology by John Bidgood (1893)
"THE WHITE DEAD NETTLE (Lamium album). EXAMINE a well-grown plant, ... Leaf of Lamium album; front view. Each petiole makes an acute angle with the stem; ..."
4. The Entomologist's Monthly Magazine by Nathaniel Lloyd and Company (1864)
"... on Lamium album and Salvia pratensis. Appears to be not uncommon in parts of Scotland. M. bidens, on Trifolium medium. M. marrubii, on Marrubium vulgäre ..."
5. The Gardeners Dictionary: Containing the Methods of Cultivating and ...by Philip Miller by Philip Miller (1754)
"Park. Thí-at. Archangel with an oblong Leaf, and a red 1 lower: 4. LAMIUM album, non fattens, fc* Ho oblongo. С. HP White Arch* angel or Dead-nettle. ..."