Definition of Little Wabash River
1. Noun. A river in eastern Illinois that flows southeastward to the Wabash River.
Group relationships: Il, Illinois, Land Of Lincoln, Prairie State
Generic synonyms: River
Little Wabash River Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Little Wabash River Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Little Wabash River
Literary usage of Little Wabash River
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Engineering and Legal Aspects of Land Drainage in Illinois by George Wellington Pickels, Frank Bonner Leonard (1921)
"The Little Wabash River has its source in Coles County and flows southward, with many turns and twists, to Louisville in Clay County, thence southeasterly ..."
2. Laws by Illinois (1919)
"AN ACT to repeal an Act entitled, "An Act to provide for the organization of Little Wabash River Drainage District and for the changing and improvement of ..."
3. A Complete History of Illinois from 1673 to 1873: Embracing the Physical by Alexander Davidson, Bernard Stuvé (1877)
"Little Wabash river - - 5O.OOO 6th. Great Western Mail Route - 100000 7th. Central Railroad from mouth of the Ohio to Galena - - 3500000 8th. ..."
4. Illinois in 1837: A Sketch Descriptive of the Situation, Boundaries, Face of by Samuel Augustus Mitchell (1837)
"The county seat, Carmi, is situated nearly in the centre of the county, on the west bank of the Little Wabash river, about 20 miles above its mouth, ..."
5. A Complete History of Illinois from 1673-1873 ...: Embracing the Physical by Alexander Davidson, Bernard Stuvé (1877)
"100000 Kaskaskia river - - 50000 Little Wabash river - - 50000 Great Western Mail Boute - 100000 Central Railroad from mouth of the Ohio to Galena ..."
6. The Geographical Catechism of Pennsylvania, and the Western States: Designed by Israel Daniel Rupp (1837)
"A. Edwards county lies on the Little Wabash river, and has Lawrence county ... It is watered by the Little Wabash river and its branches, and contains good ..."
7. Report of the Canal Commissioners by Illinois Canal Commissioners (1878)
"Little Wabash River IMPROVEMENT. By order of your board, I visited the Little Wabash River improvements, to make such examination as might assist you in ..."