Definition of Lopholatilus chamaeleonticeps
1. Noun. Yellow-spotted violet food fish of warm deep waters.
Generic synonyms: Percoid, Percoid Fish, Percoidean
Group relationships: Genus Lopholatilus, Lopholatilus
Lopholatilus Chamaeleonticeps Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lopholatilus Chamaeleonticeps Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lopholatilus Chamaeleonticeps
Literary usage of Lopholatilus chamaeleonticeps
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The United Service (1903)
"The tilefish (lopholatilus Chamaeleonticeps) was discovered off the southern New England coast during the season of 1879, and after the investigations of ..."
2. Journal of Applied Microscopy by Bausch & Lomb Optical Company (1899)
"... to the waters bordering the Gulf Stream, in order to determine the boundaries of the region occupied by the tilefish (Lopholatilus chamaeleonticeps). ..."
3. Studies from the Department of Anatomy by Dept. of Anatomy, Cornell University, Medical College (1910)
"SILVESTER, CF 1905 The blood-vascular system of the tile-fish, Lopholatilus chamaeleonticeps. Bull. Bur. Fish. Washington, 24, 87. ..."
4. Smithsonian Contributions to Knowledge by Smithsonian Institution (1895)
"Lopholatilus chamaeleonticeps, Goodo and Bean 284 Drawing by HL Todd, from No. 22899, USNM, collected by Capt. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Lopholatilus chamaeleonticeps