Definition of Marmota monax
1. Noun. Reddish brown North American marmot.
Marmota Monax Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Marmota Monax Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Marmota Monax
Literary usage of Marmota monax
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Naturalist by American Society of Naturalists, Essex Institute (1908)
"THE common woodchuck or ground hog, Marmota monax, is found rather frequently in most ... Skull of Marmota monax L., right Incisor removed. Natural size. ..."
2. Contributions by University of Minnesota Dept. of Anatomy (1922)
"Absence of chromatolytic Inanition in the woodchuck (Marmota monax). J. Comp. Neur. changes in the central nervous system ..."
3. Contributions by Dept. of Anatomy, University of Minnesota Dept. of Anatomy, University of Minnesota (1917)
"Cyclic changes in the interstitial cells of the ovary in the woodchuck (Marmota monax). (Abstract.) Proceedings of The American Association of Anatomists. ..."
4. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1917)
""Microscopic Demonstration of Absence of Chromatolytic Change in the Central Nervous System of the Woodchuck (Marmota monax)," by AT Rasmussen (by ..."