Definition of Maskings
1. masking [n] - See also: masking
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Maskings Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Maskings
Literary usage of Maskings
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Richmond and Its Inhabitants from the Olden Time by Richard Crisp (1866)
"We seem to regret, in searching amid the various records of the maskings, the tournaments, and all the gay and gorgeous scenes which were witnessed at other ..."
2. The Sketch Book by Washington Irving, Elmer Ellsworth Wentworth (1894)
"The irruption of this motley crew, with beat of drum, 1 Maskings or mummeries were favorite sports at Christmas in old times; and the wardrobes at halls and ..."
3. The Works of Washington Irving by Washington Irving (1859)
"... hanging sleeves, and full- bottomed wigs, to represent the character of Roast Beef, Plum Pudding, and other worthies celebrated in ancient maskings. ..."
4. Our Young Folks by John Townsend Trowbridge, Lucy Larcom, Gail Hamilton (1866)
"... was fairly raised and decorated, when green bowers had been erected for the use of the Lord and Lady of the May, came the merry dances, the maskings and ..."