Definition of Megachilidae
1. Noun. Leaf-cutting and mason bees.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Family
Group relationships: Apoidea, Superfamily Apoidea
Member holonyms: Genus Megachile, Megachile, Mason Bee, Anthidium, Genus Anthidium
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Megachilidae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Megachilidae
Literary usage of Megachilidae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Beekeeping in the U. S.: Bibliography: January 1981-March 1993 by Carol Kapolow (1995)
"Language: English Descriptors: Bees; Megachilidae 36 NAL Call No: 4243 J82 Biometrical control of breeding. Ruttner, F. London : International Bee Research ..."
2. Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington by Entomological Society of Washington (1905)
"... Megachilidae, Notes on, 149. ... Titus, ESG: Some notes on the Provancher Megachilidae, 149; Shorter communication. 117. ..."
3. Biodiversity and the Management of the Madrean Archipelago: The Sky Islands edited by Leonard F. DeBano (1999)
"... groups of visitors, which were hummingbirds and several bee species in the family Anthophoridae. However, bees in the family Megachilidae were the most ..."
4. The Insect Book: A Popular Account of the Bees, Wasps, Ants, Grasshoppers by Leland Ossian Howard (1905)
"... the mason, leaf-cutting and potter bees of the family Megachilidae, the parasitic bees of the family ..."
5. Proceedings of the Hawaiian Entomological Society by Hawaiian Entomological Society (1906)
"... made the following remarks : "The bee here exhibited is one of the Megachilidae and is a comparatively recent introduction into the Hawaiian islands. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Megachilidae