Definition of Miles Davis
1. Noun. United States jazz musician; noted for his trumpet style (1926-1991).
Miles Davis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Miles Davis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Miles Davis
Literary usage of Miles Davis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Jazz on Film and Video in the Library of Congress by Rebecca D. Clear (1994)
"VBE 3357 A documentary on the music of Miles Davis, collected from film excerpts ... Miles Davis-A Tribute. LC Off-Air Taping Collection Production company ..."
2. Portrait and Biographical Record of Berrien and Cass Counties, Michigan (1893)
"Miles Davis, the seven th child, attended the school of the district, ... In 1856, Miles Davis and Miss Phoebe Fisher were united in marriage. ..."
3. Kentucky Opinions by Kentucky Court of appeals, J. K. Roberts, Charles Middleton McDonald, Daniel Woolsey Crockett, Kentucky law reporter (1914)
"It was properly stricken from the files. Judgment affirmed. Roe & Roe, for appellant. Geo. T. Halbert, for appellee. Miles Davis' ASSIGNEE v. ..."
4. Sioux City Directory, 1871-72 ... Together with Ordinances of the City by William Shaw (1871)
"... in Sioux City East Addition, is hereby irrevocably granted to the said HD Booge & Co., Sanborn & Follett, and Miles Davis, and their associates, ..."