Definition of Milton Friedman
1. Noun. United States economist noted as a proponent of monetarism and for his opposition to government intervention in the economy (born in 1912).
Milton Friedman Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Milton Friedman Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Milton Friedman
Literary usage of Milton Friedman
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Education and Capitalism: How Overcoming Our Fear of Markets and Economics by Herbert J. Walberg (2003)
"Milton Friedman'S LEGACY In 1962, University of Chicago economics professor Milton Friedman, who would later win the Nobel Prize for Economics, ..."
2. Calcutta Review by University of Calcutta (1844)
"Milton Friedman : TRUE LIBERAL ECONOMIST SALIL DATTA Milton Friedman, winner of the 1976 Nobel Prize in Economics, ..."
3. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"As Milton Friedman, of the University of Chicago, expressed it: "If the SST is worth building, the market will make it in Boeing's interest to build it ..."
4. Bound to Be Free by Richard B. McKenzie (1982)
"Milton Friedman and Rose Friedman, Free to Choose: A Personal Statement (New York: ... 9; and Milton Friedman, Dollars and Deficits (Englewood Cliffs, ..."
5. Seeking Middle Ground on Social Security Reform by David Koitz (2001)
"In an interview printed in a recent Hoover Digest, Milton Friedman, for instance, ... Interview by Peter Robinson of Milton Friedman, Hoover Digest, no. ..."
6. Initiative: Human Agency and Society by Tibor R. Machan (2000)
"A few years ago one could encounter Milton Friedman and FA Hayek on Meet the Press and read Friedman regularly in Newsweek magazine. ..."
7. The Business of Commerce: Examining an Honorable Profession by James Chesher, Tibor R. Machan (1999)
"Even earlier, and perhaps most notably, Milton Friedman, the head of the ... Milton Friedman, "The Line We Dare Not Cross," Encounter, November 1976, p. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Milton Friedman