Definition of Molokai Island
1. Noun. An island of central Hawaii (between Maui and Oahu).
Group relationships: Hawaiian Islands, Sandwich Islands
Generic synonyms: Island
Molokai Island Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Molokai Island Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Molokai Island
Literary usage of Molokai Island
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report by United States Board on Geographic Names, United States Geographic Board (1916)
"Molokai; Island, southeast of Oahu, 52 sea miles from Honolulu ; lies east and west, 40 miles long, 9 miles wide ; highest point, 4958 feet, area, ..."
2. Adventure Guide Maui by Sharon Hamblin (2005)
"... or Molokai Island Natural Tahi- tian Vanilla. They also have Hawaiian gift baskets and chocolate-covered coffee beans. For something from every island, ..."
3. The Hawaiian Islands, Their Resources, Agricultural, Commercial and Financial by Hawaii Dept. of foreign affairs, Alatau T. Atkinson (1897)
"North and South Kona, Hilo, Puna, including Olaa, Hamakua. ISLAND OF MAUI. Keanae, Nahiku, Lahaina, Kaupo. ISLAND OF MOLOKAI. ISLAND OF OAHU. ..."
4. Archeological Investigations: I. Cave Explorations in the Ozark Region of by Gerard Fowke (1922)
"... Heiaus A and B, on Molokai Island, looking west b, Heiau A, on Molokai Island, looking north ..."
5. The Introduction of Christianity Into the Hawaiian Islands and the by Emily Carrie Hawley (1922)
"Molokai Island, long and narrow, rises out of the sea about twenty-three miles southeast of Oahu. It is forty miles in length and seven miles in width. ..."