Definition of Monomorium
1. Noun. A genus of Formicidae.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Genus
Group relationships: Family Formicidae, Formicidae
Member holonyms: Monomorium Pharaonis, Pharaoh Ant, Pharaoh's Ant, Little Black Ant, Monomorium Minimum
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Monomorium Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Monomorium
Literary usage of Monomorium
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History by American Museum of Natural History (1914)
"Monomorium floricola Jerdon. Min floricola JERDON, Madras Journ. ... 107, S . Several workers and females from Petionville. 24. Monomorium ..."
2. Report of the Illinois State Entomologist Concerning Operations Under the by Illinois State Entomologist (1905)
"Monomorium pharaonis Linn. This minute insect, the common small red ant (Fig. ... Monomorium minutum Mayr. This species closely resembles the troublesome ..."
3. Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington by Entomological Society of Washington (1913)
"Monomorium pharaonis Linnaeus. This introduced ant has not only been a had pest ... Monomorium minimum Buckley. Under the bark of a willow log on March 12, ..."
4. Entomological News and Proceedings of the Entomological Section of the by Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia Entomological Section (1906)
"There are now three imported species of Monomorium in the United States, ... In a recent paper* I recorded the introduction of a fourth Monomorium (M. ..."