Definition of Mustela erminea
1. Noun. Mustelid of northern hemisphere in its white winter coat.
Mustela Erminea Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mustela Erminea Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mustela Erminea
Literary usage of Mustela erminea
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh by Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh (1863)
"Dr John Alexander Smith exhibited Specimens of the Stoat (Mustela erminea); the Ruff (Tringa pugnax); the Shoveller (Anas clypeata); and the Young of the ..."
2. New Mallophaga by Vernon Lyman Kellogg, Robert E. Snodgrass (1896)
"Dr John Alexander Smith exhibited Specimens of the Stoat (Mustela erminea) ; the Buff (Tringa ... Mustela erminea ..."
3. Catalogue of Carnivorous, Pachydermatous, and Edentate Mammalia in the by John Edward Gray (1869)
"... Gray, PZS Mustela erminea, var., Richard. Faun. Bor.-Amer. p. 146. ... Mustela erminea, Thompson, Hist. Verm. p. 31, 1842. Putorius agilis, And. fy ..."
4. American Marten, Fisher, Lynx, and Wolverine: Survey Methods for Their Detection by William J. Zielinski, Thomas E. Kucera (1998)
"Feeding habits of the weasel Mustela nivalis in relation to prey abundance. Oikos. 26: 378-384. Erlinge, S. 1977. Spacing strategy in stoat Mustela erminea. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Mustela erminea