Definition of Native Hawaiian
1. Noun. A member or descendant of the indigenous Polynesian people who lived in the Hawaiian Islands.
Native Hawaiian Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Native Hawaiian Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Native Hawaiian
Literary usage of Native Hawaiian
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Annual Meeting (1902)
"THE Native Hawaiian OF YESTERDAY AND TO-DAY. BY RKV. ALEXANDER S. TWOMBLY, NEWTON, MASS. The dreamy, sunlit haze of legend and romance that surrounds the ..."
2. The Plum Book: U. S. Government Policy and Supporting Positions: Salaries (1993)
"... NATIVE ALASKAN AND Native Hawaiian HOUSING NATIONAL COMMISSION ON RESPONSIBILITIES FOR FINANCING POST SECONDARY EDUCATION NATIONAL COMMISSION ON ..."
3. Federal Historic Preservation Laws by Sara K. Blumenthal (1994)
"(6) "Hui Malama I Na Kupuna O Hawai'i Nei" means the nonprofit, Native Hawaiian organization incorporated under the laws of the State of Hawaii by that name ..."
4. Natural History of Hawaii: Being an Account of the Hawaiian People, the by William Alanson Bryan (1915)
"The intimate relation which existed between the splendid native Hawaiian people and their isolated environment is a subject of the greatest interest and ..."