Definition of Nissan
1. Noun. The seventh month of the civil year; the first month of the ecclesiastic year (in March and April).
Group relationships: Hebrew Calendar, Jewish Calendar
Generic synonyms: Jewish Calendar Month
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nissan Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nissan
Literary usage of Nissan
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Trade And Structural Adjustment: Embracing Globalisation by OECD Staff (2005)
"In addition to the Renault-Nissan deal, foreign partners include General Motors (which ... Moreover, Nissan is not alone in accepting foreign management. ..."
2. New Edition of the Babylonian Talmud (1903)
"The rabbis taught: A king who ascends the throne on the of Adar must be considered to have reigned one year as soon as the first of Nissan comes, ..."
3. Letters of Captain Geo. Hamilton Perkins, U.S.N. by George Hamilton Perkins, George Eugene Belknap (1908)
"The Japanese corvette Nissan then saluted." "MAY 4, 1879. "I have sent you papers from Hong Kong giving an account of General Grant's arrival and stay of a ..."
4. The Living Age by Making of America Project, Eliakim Littell, Robert S. Littell (1844)
"We therefore find the leader of this movement, Nissan the Wicked, scholar and revolutionist and the son of Reb Noske, scholar and saint, ..."