Definition of Octoberfest
1. Noun. A strong lager made originally in Germany for the Oktoberfest celebration; sweet and copper-colored.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Octoberfest Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Octoberfest
Literary usage of Octoberfest
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Forty Years of Diplomacy by Roman Romanovich Rosen (1922)
"... Witte—Departure for Munich—The Prince Regent—King Ludwig II—The " Octoberfest "—Marriage of the Count of Flanders, present King of the Belgians, ..."
2. Orlando & Central Florida by Don Philpott (1999)
"Great Floridian Triathlon • Octoberfest arts and crafts festival ... Winery October Wine Festival • Sorrento: Octoberfest • Mount Dora: Invitational Golf ..."
3. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"Maintainers were more likely to have heard about the program at work and less likely to have become involved at Octoberfest. These programs do reach ..."
4. The Virginia Handbook by Blair Howard (2001)
"Blue Ridge Octoberfest is held every September. o 540-635-3185 or 800-338-2576. The Fireman's Carnival is held in July. o 540-636-2540. ..."
5. The Anti-alcohol Movement in Europe by Ernest Barron Gordon (1913)
"22, 1912) describes the last Octoberfest in Munich. This is a sort of country fair held in a great open space in the city with exhibits, trading booths, ..."
6. Contested Skies: Trans-Australia Airlines Australian Airlines 1946-1992 by John Gunn (1999)
"... any legal proceedings you may wish to commence will take place in the Federal Republic of Germany ... preferably at Munich during the Octoberfest'. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Octoberfest