Definition of Palo Alto
1. Noun. A university town in California.
Generic synonyms: Town
Group relationships: Ca, Calif., California, Golden State
Palo Alto Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Palo Alto Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Palo Alto
Literary usage of Palo Alto
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Popular Science Monthly (1906)
"The report shows that there were no cases of typhoid fever in Palo Alto, so far as known, between 1894 and 1903. On investigation it was found that the one ..."
2. Personal Memoirs of U.S. Grant by Ulysses Simpson Grant (1885)
"THE MEXICAN WAR—THE BATTLE OF Palo Alto THE BATTLE OF RESACA DE LA PALMA ARMY OF INVASION—GENERAL TAYLOR—MOVEMENT ON CAMARGO. WHILE General Taylor was away ..."
3. The Broad-sclerophyll Vegetation of California: An Ecological Study of the by William Skinner Cooper (1922)
"THE Palo Alto REGION. For intensive study of vegetation and habitat it was ... The vicinity of Palo Alto satisfied these requirements, the botanical ..."
4. The War with Mexico by Justin Harvey Smith (1919)
"VIII Palo Alto, RESACA DE LA PALMA May, 1846 THE Mexico of 1845 had an elaborate military organization. In addition to the comandantes general — regularly ..."
5. History of the United States of America Under the Constitution by James Schouler (1904)
"Packing his train on the field of Palo Alto, and sending back the wounded to Point Isabel, he started, after the noon-day meal, upon the route already taken ..."