Definition of Para River
1. Noun. An estuary in northern Brazil into which the Tocantins River flows.
Group relationships: Brasil, Brazil, Federative Republic Of Brazil
Generic synonyms: Estuary
Para River Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Para River Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Para River
Literary usage of Para River
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain), Norton Shaw, Francis Galton, William Spottiswoode, Clements Robert Markham, Henry Walter Bates, John Scott Keltie (1886)
"Steamers from Europe to Para make for Salinas, a low white cliff on the shore, a few miles to the east of the mouth of the Para river. ..."
2. The Progress of America, from the Discovery by Columbus to the Year 1846 by John Macgregor (1847)
"The naval force on the Para river is only one brig of eight guns and six schooners of from four to six guns. The military force of the province is reduced ..."
3. The naturalist on the river Amazons by Henry Walter Bates (1873)
"Arrival—Aspect of the country—The Para river—First walk in the suburbs of Para—Birds, Lizards and Insects of the suburbs—Leaf-carrying Ant—Sketch of the ..."
4. The Bible in Brazil: Colporter Experiences by Hugh Clarence Tucker (1902)
"... X The Amazon PARA—RIVER TOWNS—THE INDIANS. OCTOBER 15th I embarked on the US steamship ... Para river ..."
5. The Bible in Brazil: Colporter Experiences by Hugh Clarence Tucker (1902)
"... The Amazon PARA—RIVER TOWNS—THE INDIANS. OCTOBER 15th I embarked on the US steamship ... Para river ..."
6. Annual Report by Illinois Farmers' Institute (1900)
"As one sails up the southern division of this water, which is called the Para river, one hundred and twenty miles to the city of Para, keeping near the ..."
7. Exploring and Travelling Three Thousand Miles Through Brazil from Rio de by James William Wells (1887)
"So little relatively is as yet known of the river, that it is still a question of dispute amongst geographers, as to whether the Para river is one of the ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Para River