Definition of Petroselinum crispum
1. Noun. Annual or perennial herb with aromatic leaves.
Generic synonyms: Herb, Herbaceous Plant
Group relationships: Genus Petroselinum, Petroselinum
Specialized synonyms: Flat-leaf Parsley, Italian Parsley, Petroselinum Crispum Neapolitanum, Hamburg Parsley, Petroselinum Crispum Tuberosum, Turnip-rooted Parsley
Petroselinum Crispum Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Petroselinum Crispum Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Petroselinum Crispum
Literary usage of Petroselinum crispum
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Vascular Flora of Pennsylvania: Annotated Checklist and Atlas by Ann Fowler Rhoads, William M. Klein (1993)
"... biennial Roadsides, woods edges, fields, meadows and waste ground. fr •• ••' -•• .:• • Petroselinum crispum (Mill.) Nyman ex AWHill Parsley Herbaceous ..."
2. The Vascular Flora of Pennsylvania: Annotated Checklist and Atlas by Ann Fowler Rhoads, William M. Klein (1993)
"Petroselinum crispum (Mill.) Nyman ex AWHill Parsley Herbaceous biennial Cultivated, and occasionally escaped to fallow fields, waste ground and dumps. ..."
3. Gently with the Tides: The Best of Living Aboard by Michael L. Frankel (1990)
"PARSLEY (Petroselinum crispum). Parsley does not get enough credit for being the marvelous herb that it is. Parsley is one of the most nutritious herbs as ..."
4. Pesticides in the Next Decade: The Challenges Ahead: Third National Research (1994)
"... onions (Allium rppa (L.) var. white lisbon), and off-site deposition was measured in a surrounding area seeded with parsley (Petroselinum crispum (Mill. ..."