Definition of Quartier
1. a district in a French city [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Quartier Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Quartier
Literary usage of Quartier
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Paris and Environs with Routes from London to Paris: Handbook for Travellers by Karl Baedeker (Firm) (1900)
"... or university, in the Quartier Latin. The adjoining Faubourg St. Germain is the aristocratic quarter, where ministers, ambassadors, and many of the ..."
2. Paris and Environs: With Routes from London to Paris : Handbook for Travellers by Karl Baedeker (Firm) (1904)
"Quartier Latin. £1 Restaurants, see p. 20. The quarter on the left bank of the Seine, to the S. of the Cité, which comprises the 6th Arrondissement ..."
3. Paris and Environs, with Routes from London to Paris: Handbook for Travellers by Karl Baedeker (Firm) (1896)
"Quartier du Temple and Quartier du Marais. ... The Quartier du Temple, to the SW of the Place de la République (PI. K, 23, 24, 26, 27 ; HI), owes its name ..."
4. An Englishman in Paris (Notes and Recollections) by Albert Dresden Vandam (1893)
"CHAPTER I. The Quartier-Latin in the late thirties—The difference between then and now —A caricature on the walls of Paris—I am anxious to be introduced to ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Quartier