Definition of Quicky
1. Noun. Hurried repair.
Generic synonyms: Fix, Fixing, Fixture, Mend, Mending, Repair, Reparation
Definition of Quicky
1. Noun. (alternative spelling of quickie) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Quicky Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Quicky
Literary usage of Quicky
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Wild Life Among the Pacific Islanders by E. H. Lamont (1867)
"You come quicky, come quicky Is" and looking across the taro patches, I saw Goliah, ... Cap'n ! you come quicky—suppose no come quicky, no get a dinna! ..."
2. Wild Life Among the Pacific Islanders by E. H. Lamont (1867)
"You come quicky, come quicky !" and looking across the taro patches, ... Cap'n ! you come quicky—suppose no come quicky, no get a dinna! ..."
3. Journal of the American Chemical Society by American Chemical Society (1901)
"The acid should be allowed to act until hydrogen sulphide is freely evolved. The solution will retain sufficient gas so that when a liter of water is quicky ..."
4. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1866)
"He, however, pretty quicky abandoned the side of his patient, and earnestly requested I would do what was necessary. I had the patient properly placed, ..."
5. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society by Royal Astronomical Society (1890)
"Tremors are not nearly so noticeable, and quicky subside. From comparison of observations before and after the change, it appears that the mean difference ..."
6. The Best Short Stories of ... and the Yearbook of the American Short Story edited by Edward Joseph Harrington O'Brien (1922)
"... without so much as even a nod to any of us, edged quicky out of the front door. " Well —" began my father, his clear, scrutinizing eyes fixed on Darton. ..."
7. The Ibis by British Ornithologists' Union (1901)
"ON the 3rd September, 1899, while strolling along the shore of a dam in this district, I found the nest of a " Quicky " (Motacilla capensis L.). ..."