2. Verb. (third-person singular of repartition) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Repartitions
1. repartition [n] - See also: repartition
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Repartitions Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Repartitions
Literary usage of Repartitions
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Theory and Analysis of Ornament Applied to the Work of Elementary and by François Louis Schauermann (1892)
"These repartitions are varied according to the different rhythms of ranges, and determined by isolated opposition of forms in each of the head-points of the ..."
2. Monopoly and Competition: A Study in English Industrial Organisation by Hermann Levy (1911)
"In 1779 the evasion of the Repartitions by means of outside labour was made punishable by heavy penalties and removal from the trade. ..."
3. A General History and Collection of Voyages and Travels, Arranged in by Robert Kerr (1824)
"In this place, they made the best .distribution in their power of the vacant repartitions, giving sufficient means of living in a respectable manner to the ..."
4. A General History and Collection of Voyages and Travels edited by Robert Kerr (1812)
"In this place, they made the best distribution in their power of the vac-ant repartitions, giving suflicient means of living in a respectable manner to the ..."
5. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General by Thomas Spencer Baynes (1888)
"This kind of occupancy entailed annual repartitions of the tillage, recalling the usage of the ... Traces of such repartitions survived under the name of ..."
6. Political Science: Or, The State Theoretically and Practically Considered by Theodore Dwight Woolsey (1877)
"A distinction may be made between simple commendation and the repartitions, but they came, as Mr. Helps remarks, much to the same result, and the natives ..."