Definition of Schefflera
1. Noun. Large genus of shrubby and climbing tropical plants having showy digitately compound foliage.
Generic synonyms: Rosid Dicot Genus
Group relationships: Araliaceae, Family Araliaceae, Ivy Family
Member holonyms: Brassaia Actinophylla, Schefflera Actinophylla, Umbrella Tree
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Schefflera Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Schefflera
Literary usage of Schefflera
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Philippine Journal of Science by Philippines Bureau of Science (1908)
"As a matter of fact, however, the type of this species is identical with Vidal 793, which we consider to be the type of Schefflera caudata. 2. ..."
2. The Philippine Journal of Science by Institute of Science and Technology (Philippines) (1908)
"Schefflera acuminatissima Merr. in Philip. Journ. Sci. 1 (1906) Suppl. ... As was the case with Schefflera caudata (Vidal), Cuming 800 is the first specimen ..."
3. The Philippine Journal of Science by Philippines Bureau of Science (1906)
"Schefflera Foist. ... Scandent on trees in forests at about 1100 m. Schefflera microphylla Merrill sp. ..."
4. The Philippine Journal of Science by Philippines Bureau of Science (1907)
"Schefflera Forst. Schefflera foetida Merrill n. sp. ... Schefflera sp. In forests at 900 m. alt. (No. 5696) Undeterminable, with fruits only. ..."