Definition of Silver Star Medal
1. Noun. A United States military decoration for gallantry in action.
Generic synonyms: Decoration, Laurel Wreath, Medal, Medallion, Palm, Ribbon
Silver Star Medal Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Silver Star Medal Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Silver Star Medal
Literary usage of Silver Star Medal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. General Kenney Reports: A Personal History of the Pacific War by George C. Kenney (1997)
"Later he said the General had been extremely nice to him, had wished him all kinds of luck, and had presented him with the Silver Star Medal. ..."
2. Digest of Education Statistics (1999) edited by Thomas D. Snyder (2000)
"His personal decorations include the Defense Distinguished Service Medal, Silver Star Medal with gold star, Legion of Merit with Combat "V," Distinguished ..."
3. Apollo's Warriors: United States Air Force Special Operations During the by Michael E. Haas (1998)
"A grateful Partridge awarded Nichols a Silver Star medal for his valor and initiative. General Partridge then asked Nichols to take care of another urgent ..."
4. Hispanics in America's Defense by DIANE Publishing Company (1997)
"His military awards and decorations include: the Legion of Merit; Silver Star Medal; Bronze Star with five devices and one oak leaf cluster; Purple Heart; ..."
5. Ninth Day of Creationby Leonard Crane by Leonard Crane (2000)
"Fox was a four-star general with a distinguished twenty-five year army career behind him, as evidenced by two Purple Hearts, a Silver Star medal and two ..."
6. Marines & Helicopters, 1962-1973 by William R. Fails (1995)
"In April 1945 he participated in an exploit that won him a Silver Star medal from the commander of the US Army X Corps. Due to its nature, the feat remained ..."