Definition of Sinai Desert
1. Noun. A desert on the Sinai Peninsula in northeastern Egypt.
Generic synonyms: Desert
Group relationships: Sinai, Sinai Peninsula, Arabian Desert, Great Arabian Desert
Sinai Desert Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sinai Desert Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sinai Desert
Literary usage of Sinai Desert
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Boy Travellers in the Far East: Part Fourth, Adventures of Two Youths in by Thomas Wallace Knox (1905)
"Few travellers remain more than a day at Suez, and the great majority are ready to leave an hour or two after their arrival. TRAVELLING IN THE Sinai Desert. ..."
2. Memories of a Turkish Statesman-1913-1919 by Cemal Paşa (1922)
"In view of the physical conformation of the Sinai Desert, where the operation was to be carried out, the basis of this plan was entirely sound. ..."
3. Moon-o-theism: Religion of a War and Moon God Prophet, Volume I of IIby Yoel Natan by Yoel Natan (2006)
"Zin, Desert of (See Sinai Desert, above) 184.^ '*" 1843 £g^ accessed 2 Oct 2002, "Sinai Peninsula" entry. Also see ISBE, Sinai entry, Easton, ..."
4. King's Complete History of the World War ...: 1914-1918. Europe's War with by William C. King (1922)
"On the way to Beersheba, through the Sinai Desert, the water and food supplies for the Army were carried by 30000 pack camels. At the same time, ..."
5. The Desert of the Exodus: Journeys on Foot in the Wilderness of the Forty by Edward Henry Palmer (1871)
"... and to gather as much as possible of the folk-lore of the Sinai desert. My usual practice was to devote a portion of every ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Sinai Desert