Definition of Sitta canadensis
1. Noun. Bluish-grey nuthatch with reddish breast; of northern coniferous forests.
Generic synonyms: Nutcracker, Nuthatch
Group relationships: Genus Sitta, Sitta
Sitta Canadensis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sitta Canadensis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sitta Canadensis
Literary usage of Sitta canadensis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Check-list of North American Birds by American Ornithologists' Union (1910)
"Breeds in Transition Zone of the Cape Region of Lower California. Sitta canadensis LINNAEUS. Red-breasted Nuthatch. [728.] Sitta canadensis LINNAEUS, Syst. ..."
2. Check-list of North American Birds by American Ornithologists' Union (1895)
"Florida, and northward along the coast to South Carolina. 728. Sitta canadensis LINN. Red.breasted Nuthatch. Sitta canadensis LINN. SN ed. 12, I. 1766, 177. ..."
3. Annual Report by Smithsonian Institution (1865)
"More than one pair of Sitta canadensis are seldom found together, ... This bird is not so much afraid of the approach of a man as Sitta canadensis, ..."
4. Michigan Bird Life: A List of All the Bird Species Known to Occur in the by Walter Bradford Barrows (1912)
"Sitta canadensis Linn. (728) Synonyms: Red-bellied Nuthatch, Canada Nuthatch, ... Sitta canadensis of most other authors. Plate LXVIII. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Sitta canadensis