Definition of St. Christopher-Nevis
1. Noun. A country on several of the Leeward Islands; located to the east southeast of Puerto Rico; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1983.
Group relationships: Oas, Organization Of American States
Generic synonyms: Country, Land, State
Group relationships: Caribbean, Leeward Islands
Terms within: Saint Christopher, Saint Kitts, St. Christopher, St. Kitts, Basseterre, Nevis, Sombrero
St. Christopher-Nevis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: St. Christopher-Nevis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of St. Christopher-Nevis
Literary usage of St. Christopher-Nevis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The West Indies: A History of the Islands of the West Indian Archipelago by Amos Kidder Fiske (1899)
"EUSTATIUS, ST. CHRISTOPHER, NEVIS, MONTSERRAT AT the head of the line of volcanic peaks that come up out of the depths of the ocean are ..."
2. Her Majesty's Colonies: A Series of Original Papers Issued Under the by Arthur James Richens Trendell (1886)
"ST. CHRISTOPHER, NEVIS, AND ANGUILLA. Situation and Physical Features—Lands and Agriculture—Climate—Discovery and Early History—Final Cession to ..."
3. The Wonders of the West Indies by Theodora Elizabeth Lynch (1856)
"NEVIS AND ST. CHRISTOPHER. NEVIS and St. Kitts stand like twin-sisters side by side on the Carribean Sea ; yet nature seems to have ..."
4. The Lawyer's Reference Manual of Law Books and Citations by Charles Carroll Soule (1882)
"[See the islands which compose the group, as follows : Antigua, Montserrat, St. Christopher, Nevis, The Virgin Islands, Dominica.] Latest Revision of Laws. ..."