Definition of Stockers
1. Noun. (plural of stocker) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Stockers
1. stocker [n] - See also: stocker
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Stockers Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Stockers
Literary usage of Stockers
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Live Stock and Dairy Farming: A Non-technical Manual for the Successful by Frank Duane Gardner (1918)
"Producing Stockers and Feeders.—The production of stockers and feeders should be confined to those parts of the country where the larger part of the land ..."
2. The American Live Stock Market: How it Functions by Arthur C. Davenport (1922)
"Thus farmers early gained the habit of visiting the big markets when they needed stockers or feeders, and producers, finding that there was a market for ..."
3. Progressive Beef Cattle Raisingby Edward Norris Wentworth, Victor H. Munnecke, James Brown by Edward Norris Wentworth, Victor H. Munnecke, James Brown (1920)
"Other classes of feeders and stockers grade as shown in the next table, their differences between grades approximating that shown in the foregoing. ..."
4. Management and Feeding of Sheep by Thomas Shaw (1914)
"Shipping stackers from the ranges—When sheep are shipped as stockers from the ranges, the numbers are such ..."
5. Annual Report by Illinois Farmers' Institute (1902)
"It ie necessary, however, to establish a standard grade of stockers and feeders, ... If there is one grade of stockers and feeders that is more uniform than ..."
6. Effective Farming: A Text-book for American Schools by Harry Oscar Sampson (1918)
"... cattle Butcher stock Canners and cutters Stockers and feeders Veal calves Prime steers Choice steers Good steers Medium steers Common rough steers Prime ..."
7. Lectures on Feeding, Care and Management of Live Stock by Willard John Kennedy (1903)
"Stockers and Feeders. This class may, with reason, be considered to be the most ... Stockers and feeders are the foundation from which the other classes are ..."
8. Sessional Papers by Canada Parliament (1891)
"The best of my cattle were all killed; they were nearly all "stockers. ... Q. But on the stockers you lost nothing ?—A. Not on those that were landed alive. ..."