Definition of Taipei
1. Noun. The capital of Nationalist China; located in northern Taiwan.
Generic synonyms: National Capital
Group relationships: China, Nationalist China, Republic Of China, Taiwan
Definition of Taipei
1. Proper noun. The capital and largest city of Taiwan, in the northern part of the country. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Taipei Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Taipei
Literary usage of Taipei
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Migration and the Labour Market in Asia: Recent Trends and Policies by Nihon Rōdō Kyōkai, Japan Institute of Labour (2003)
"Chinese Taipei. CHUNG, C. (1998). The Internationalisation of Small and Medium Businesses in Chinese Taipei, Chung Hua Institution for Economic Research, ..."
2. Emerging World Cities in Pacific Asia by Fu-chen Lo, Yue-man Yeung (1996)
"The impact of globalization on the mega-city of Taipei Definition of mega-city of ... The boundary of the Taipei Metropolitan Area has changed over time. ..."
3. The Republic of China on Taiwan: A Selectively Annotated Bibliography of edited by Constance A. Johnson (2000)
"Taipei, Ministry of Audit, 1977. 33 p. Cataloging in progress Bilingual text* Describes the Law of Audit and the role of the Ministry of Audit. ..."
4. Energy Balances of Non-oecd Countries 2003/2004: 2006 Editionby International Energy Agency, SourceOECD (Online service) by International Energy Agency, SourceOECD (Online service) (2006)
"... Chinese Taipei / Taipei chinois Total Production of Energy 1971 1974 1977 1980 1983 1986 1989 1992 1995 1998 2001 2004 I Coal •Oil ..."
5. Bond Market Development in Asia by OECD Staff, Oecd, (Paris) Organisation for Economic Co-ope (2001)
"... IN CHINESE Taipei by Mr. Kuang-Wha Ding Due to globalization and liberalization of financial markets and the introduction of new financial instruments, ..."
6. China in the World Economy: The Domestic Policy Challenges by Charles A Pigott (2002)
"The experience of Chinese Taipei and the Republic of Korea indicate that for firms to benefit from partnership with foreign companies they have to reach a ..."