Definition of Tanzanian shilling
1. Noun. The basic unit of money in Tanzania; equal to 100 cents.
Tanzanian Shilling Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tanzanian Shilling Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tanzanian Shilling
Literary usage of Tanzanian shilling
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Managing the Monster: Urban Waste and Governance in Africa by Adepoju G. Onibokun (1999)
"Note: TZS, Tanzanian shilling (in 1998, 665.8 TZS = 1 United States dollar [USD]). " Average waste-generation rate was 0.34 kg/day per person. was also the ..."
2. Structural Adjustment and Intersectoral Shifts in Tanzania: A Computable by Peter Wobst (2001)
"Table 2.1 presents the exchange rate development of the Tanzanian shilling since when the first ERP was implemented. The shilling experienced rapid ..."
3. Effects of Panterritorial Pricing Policy for Maize in Tanzania by Yuriko Suzuki, Andrew Bernard (1987)
"However, the possibility of maize exports to Mozambique still should be considered because devaluation of the Tanzanian shilling has not been taken into ..."
4. African Economic Outlookby OECD Staff by OECD Staff (2004)
"On the foreign exchange market, the exchange rate of the Tanzanian shilling is largely determined by market forces. BOT interventions only served to smooth ..."
5. Education in Exile: SOMAFCO, the African National Congress School in ...by Sean Morrow, Brown Maaba, Loyiso Pulumani by Sean Morrow, Brown Maaba, Loyiso Pulumani (2004)
"... what in real value with the decline of the Tanzanian shilling. The school arranged transport for students to travel the five kilometres to and from ..."
6. Regional Cooperation to Improve Food Security in Southern and Eastern by Ulrich Koester (1986)
"Notes: This hypothetical example is based on the Tanzanian shilling (TSh) for country A and the Mozambique metical (Mt) for country B. ..."
7. Fixing Health Systems by Don De Savigny (2004)
"TEHIP: Tanzania Essential Health Interventions Project TZS: Tanzanian shilling (in 2004, 1 USD = 1 094 TZS ) UNAIDS: Joint United Nations Programme on ..."
8. Water Management; Basic Issuesby African Development Bank by African Development Bank (1972)
"The Tanzanian shilling remained relatively stable to the US dollar during 2004, though it first depreciated slightly during the first ..."