Definition of Tineola
1. Noun. Webbing clothes moths.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Genus
Group relationships: Family Tineidae, Tineidae
Member holonyms: Tineola Bisselliella, Webbing Clothes Moth, Webbing Moth
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tineola Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tineola
Literary usage of Tineola
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions by American Entomological Society (1905)
"... this statement I cannot verify, this branch (vein 2) is curved, but not angulated. Its nearest ally is Tineola. One species. ..."
2. The Moth Book: A Popular Guide to a Knowledge of the Moths of North America by William Jacob Holland (1903)
"The greasy application is said to destroy the pupae in the thin papery cocoons. Genus Tineola ... (i) Tineola bisselliella Hummel. (The Clothes-moth. ..."
3. The Canadian Entomologist by Entomological Society of Canada (1951- ), Entomological Society of Ontario (1885)
"... going on, conducted by collectors acting from unscientific motives. Prof. Fernald has given us a very careful paper on Tinea and Tineola. ..."
4. The Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales by Linnean Society of New South Wales (1893)
"Hindwings rather dark bronzy-fuscous ; cilia whitish-fuscous. Sydney, New South Wales ; from October to January, and in March, seven specimens. 17. Tineola. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Tineola