Definition of Tubuai Islands
1. Noun. A chain of small islands in French Polynesia.
Group relationships: French Oceania, French Polynesia
Generic synonyms: Archipelago
Tubuai Islands Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tubuai Islands Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tubuai Islands
Literary usage of Tubuai Islands
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The International Geography by Hugh Robert Mill (1915)
"SOUTHERN POLYNESIA Cook and Tubuai Islands.—A narrow line of small rises running from 18° to 28° S., parallel to the wider elevation of the ocean-bed which ..."
2. A Bird's-eye View of the World: A Popular Scientific Description of the by Onésime Reclus, Malvina Antoinettte Howe, Forrest Morgan, Charles Hopkins Clark (1892)
"The Tubuai Islands. —A few hundred miles south of Tahiti, lying partly north and partly south of the tropic of Capricorn, are the Tubuai Islands, ..."
3. The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge: Embracing by Johann Jakob Herzog, Philip Schaff, Albert Hauck (1911)
"Austral or Tubuai Islands: A small group extending from about 149° to° 50' west longitude in about 22° south latitude, under French control, with a steadily ..."
4. The American Practical Navigator: Being an Epitome of Navigation and by Nathaniel Bowditch, George Wood Logan (1906)
"... Island 257 Tubuai Islands 258 Tubuai-Manu Island 257 Tucacas Island 20(5 Tuckers Beach .195 ' PLACES—continued. ..."
5. Cyclopedic Review of Current History by Alfred Sidney Johnson, Clarence A. Bickford, William W. Hudson, Nathan Haskell Dole (1901)
"... and it is reported that the Fiji islands are taking steps toward federation with New Zealand. The Tubuai islands area small, but populous,group ..."
6. Australasia by Alfred Russel Wallace, Francis Henry Hill Guillemard (1894)
"East of Tonga, and in the order named, lie the Hervey or Cook group, the Society Islands (Tahiti), with the Austral or Tubuai Islands to the south of them, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Tubuai Islands